Wednesday 23 January 2008

About The Poliblogs

Seeing as I have made a few changes to the blog and developed it some what since I first launch in July 2007, it seems about time I explained what the Poliblogs is about and the features on the blog:

The Daily Round Up:

The main daily feature of the blog is my daily roundup of what I consider to be the best political posts in the blogosphere. I monitor about 200 blogs on a daily basis and take the cream of the crop and share them with you. I try to ensure that I take a balanced view by taking a range of opinions on the major issues of the day from the whole political spectrum.


The Late Lunch Briefing:

The Late Lunch Briefing is new to the Poliblogs for this year. It is my daily column where I tackle the major political issue or issues of the day adding my opinion and hopefully a little insight. I try to get this up by around 2pm daily.

The PMQs' Battle
Every Wednesday, when the House is sitting, I do a daily round up of what the blogosphere thought of that day's PMQs. I also add my own take on proceedings and then score the battle. I have been doing this since Brown took over as PM and so the tally (in the right hand column) is a total of every meeting Cameron & Brown have had. This is posted at 5pm every Wednesday.

A View Across The Pond


Another new feature to the Poliblogs - every Tuesday at 2pm I will post my take on the US presidential election.





The Blog of the Week Award

Every Monday morning I hand out the "coveted" Poliblogs Blog of the Week Award - my top three blogs of the week. Hopefully it will introduce my readers to a new blog or two and also recognises who I think are at the very top of their game in the political blogging world.



Politics Decoded

Politics Decoded is my weekly Tuesday column I write on the Wardman Wire blog for Matt Wardman. It is a longer version of the Late Lunch Briefing, in effect. It is my take on the major political issues of that week. I re-post the column 24hours later on the Poliblogs.

Other Stuff
I also occasionally post other things - the odd video, link, piece of opinion...

If there is anything else you'd like me to cover on the Poliblogs, all ideas are very welcome!

2 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

Welcome to Blogpower!

My, you do work hard for the benefit of blog readers!

Garbo said...

Thanks Liz